Job Title: Manager, Financial Reporting
Department: Accounting and Financial Reporting
Reporting to: Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting
Location: Toronto, ON
Granite is a Canadian-based REIT engaged in the acquisition, development, ownership and management of logistics, warehouse and industrial properties in North America and Europe. Granite owns 137 investment properties representing approximately 57.3 million square feet of leasable area. Its head office is located in Toronto and has regional offices in Dallas, Texas, Amsterdam, Netherlands and Vienna, Austria.
A key role in Granite’s finance team, the Manager, Financial Reporting (“Manager”) manages the monthly consolidation process and ensures timely and accurate reporting of the consolidated financial results. The Manager is also responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”), in addition to supporting or leading special projects for continuous improvements.
- Month-end and quarter-end consolidation closing
- Manage the financial consolidation of Granite’s subsidiaries across all jurisdictions (Canada, US and Europe) at each month‐end period, including preparation of corporate adjusting and elimination entries/reconciliations and review of intercompany transactions.
- Perform monthly variance analysis to review consolidated financial results and explain significant variances.
- Liaise with members of Granite’s global finance team and other departments to ensure timely and accurate reporting of consolidated results.
- Quarterly and annual external financial reporting
- Prepare the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) including note disclosures.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual and Management’s Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”).
- Assist with preparation of the Audit Committee presentation materials and other external reporting deliverables including the covenant reports.
- Support and liaise with external auditors and consultants for financial statement reviews/audits and internal controls testing.
- Assist in the development of accounting policies and procedures manual for Granite’s global corporate accounting function.
- Continuously develop and implement process improvements, system automation, and other best practices to increase efficiency and accuracy of the corporate reporting function.
- Research technical accounting issues and assist with implementation of new or revised accounting policies.
- Prepare annual legal entity statutory financial statements for income tax return filings.
- Document and implement internal controls related to financial reporting to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Assist or lead special projects and other ad-hoc reporting requests, as required.
- Manager, Financial Reporting
- Director(s) of Financial Reporting and Internal Controls
- Vice President, Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Manager, Accounting and Assistant Controller
- Senior Corporate Accountant
- Property Accounting Team
- Tax Team (VP, Director, and Manager)
- Treasury Team (VP and Manager)
- Real Estate Team (VP and SFA)
- Finance Teams in Vienna and in Amsterdam
Key Success Measures
- Feedback from Granite employees and other stakeholders validating that the Manager, Financial Reporting is viewed as approachable, trusted, respected, and provides valued services and support.
Skills / Requirements
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in financial reporting/public accounting, including 2 years of experience as a Senior Financial Analyst or Senior Accountant at a large public accounting firm or publicly traded organization.
- Previous experience in a multi-currency environment or real estate industry is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with IFRS.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager 7s and/or Workiva an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- A self-starter with good interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build relationships within their team and across departments.Fast learner, ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize in multi-tasking environment demonstrating resilience, passion and commitment to deliver and be accountable for the results.
- Fast learner, ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize in multi-tasking environment demonstrating resilience, passion and commitment to deliver and be accountable for the results.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Trust – ability to work and communicate with others honestly and openly
- Teamwork – ability to work with others for optimal shared outcomes
- Accountability – taking responsibility for one’s own actions and the needs of the group
- Stability – providing a stable and predictable environment for key stakeholders
- Entrepreneurialism – conducting oneself like a private business owner
- Nimbleness & Creativity – solving issues creatively, independently, and in a timely manner
To apply for this role, please email your resume for consideration to Elan Van Wyck – email@example.com with Winchesters Recruitment Agency.
Granite is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where all our employees feel respected. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process, upon request, we will work with you to meet your needs.